The Christian-Muslim Studies Network is set to commence a lecture series in Christian-Muslim Studies for 2018.
All lectures are held in the Senate room at the School of Divinity in the University of Edinburgh. Each commences at 14:30 with a reception and light refreshments to follow in Rainy Hall.
- Thursday, 8th March 2018: Prof Jon Hoover, Associate Professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Nottingham
- ‘Ibn Taymiyya’s Theology: God, Time and Space’
- Thursday, 22nd March 2018: Dr Richard Todd, Lecturer in Islamic Studies the University of Birmingham
- ‘Theological Approaches to Scriptural Anthropomorphism in Islam and Christianity’
- Friday, 20th April 2018: Dr Sophia Vasalou, Birmingham Fellow in Philosophical Theology at the University of Birmingham
The Network launched the first seminar in this series on Muslim views of the Bible in 2017.
The School of Divinity offers opportunities for academic engagement and interfaith dialogue for students, staff, and faculty in Edinburgh, in addition to public engagement and academic networking globally. Those interested in applying for a degree program in Islamic law or the history of Christian-Muslim engagement should see the website for the School of Divinity or contact Dr Ralston directly.