The Christian-Muslim Studies Network aims to foster a community of interdisciplinary research, teaching, and scholarship drawn from experts across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Southeast Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and beyond. Through transnational partnerships, academic study, and public engagement, the Network seeks to enhance theological and political understandings of and discourse about Islam and Christianity.
We accomplish this by:
- Creating and fostering academic links between leading universities and divinity schools in Europe, North America, and Muslim-majority countries that have a proven or developing record in Christian-Muslim Studies.
- Catalysing exchange between Western scholars of Christian-Muslim Studies and between scholars and religious leaders based in the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and beyond
- Advancing the field of Christian-Muslim Studies through postgraduate education, innovative research, translation projects, and the development of new platforms for publishing and disseminating scholarship
- Teaching continuing education courses for the current and future leaders of Christian and Muslim communities to engage in serious study of the other tradition
- Bridging academic and public discourse about Christian-Muslim Studies and Islam through media training, public lectures, and online media